The theme for this forum is on addiction and its implications on the family and the wider Singapore society. The presentations for this forum will explore the research methodologies and present findings of completed studies undertaken to understand the motivations behind addiction and its effects on the addictâ€™s families. The findings will be especially relevant for policymakers and practitioners from the voluntary welfare organisations in designing policies and intervention programmes to help addicts and their families.Â
Please note that this forum is a closed-door event and is not open to reporting by the media.
- Presentation slides by Dr Victoria Manning, Stress-Coping Morbidity among Families of Addiction Patients
- Presentation slides by Dr Angeline Khoo, Singapore Kids and Video games: Findings of a 3-year longitudinal study
Other Reading Materials:
- Today. 2011. Singaporean youths spend more time gaming than American youths: Study, 24 October
- Today. 2011. New Measures to Curb Gambling, 22 October
- Thursday, 20 October 2011